Over the last few years, the EC GI & GIS Workshop has focused on the
development of a European Spatial Data Infrastructure (ESDI). With the agreement
on the text of the INSPIRE directive the focus of this year's workshop is
on contribution of SDIs on environmental analyses and modelling. The objectives
of this year's workshop are to:
- Identify the contribution of SDIs for environmental analysis, monitoring, and modelling; environmental protection, natural hazards prediction and mitigation, and other applications areas including water, soil, land use and land cover change, forestry, and atmospheric pollution;
- Review the current state of progress of the INSPIRE legislation,
- Offer an opportunity to the INSPIRE Drafting Teams to report on the development of the
INSPIRE Implementing Rules
- Further our understanding of the implementation challenges, costs, and
benefits of SDIs at national, regional, and local level
- Identify key issues and opportunities for European SDI projects.
The Workshop will be organised through a series of plenary sessions addressing
common policy issues, and parallel sessions focusing in particular on applications
/ implementations of SDIs, and research issues.
INSPIRE Time: ESDI for the Environment