Objectif : The aims of this project are:
To undertake a review of climatically induced landslides in South Apennines Italy, Pyrenees Spain, and Pindos Mountains, Greece, with summaries of: socioeconomic implications, current management policies of unstable areas and remedial measures; to identify the relation between landslides and environmental factors: to explore past and future effects of climatic change on landslidesslope stability in Basilicata (study area).
- Review of landslideclimate with special emphasis on conditions in mountainous parts of Spain, Italy and Greece.
- Identification of critical areas for study in each country (terrain evaluation) and field work in Italy.
- Collect information from study area and create primary database on topography, geology, soils physical properties, boreholes, landslide positions, vegetation, hydrology, seismicity, geomorphology, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, climatic records, infrastructure.
- Statistical analysis of climatic records from Italy.
- Digitisation and entry into GIS.
- Hydrological and geotechnical modelling.
- Preparation of hazard zonation maps.